On the hunt for a new Production Coordinator!
Looking for your way into the world of film production? Love a fast-paced environment with lots of adventures? Got a sense of humor? A mind for details? Are you always game to tackle a new challenge? What about being mature enough to acknowledge when you don’t know something and ask for help? Care about people and go out of your way to make their lives a little easier? If this sounds like you, hit us up!
HEIST is an Oakland-based creative studio — part ad agency, part production company — helping clients conceive and produce visual content and creative campaigns. Right now, we’re hiring for a couple different positions — one of which is staff production coordinator.
The Production Coordinator has their hand in just about everything that goes on here at HEIST. One day you’re scouting locations and pulling permits. The next day you may be helping to prep a creative deck or placing equipment orders.
The Production Coordinator assists with all manner of tasks, including (but not limited to) the following:
- scheduling crews and ordering equipment
- making travel arrangements
- scouting and securing locations
- sourcing vendors
- filing permits
- assisting producers with casting
- running casting sessions
- creating and maintaining project binders
- responding to client and crew requests
- creating call sheets
- assisting producer on shoot days
- ordering and picking up meals
- organizing and helping to host client pre-production meetings
- tracking project expenses
- processing invoices and managing crew payroll runs
- assisting producers with wrapping projects and post-production
- participating in ideation sessions
- sourcing imagery, creative comps and reference materials for use in presentations
- prepping creative decks and documents
- researching unique creative solutions
- helping to price unique creative requirements
While the Production Coordinator’s core responsibilties revolve around project-related work, we’re a small organization with a roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-it-done ethos. Everyone from the top down pitches in to help manage HEIST’s day-to-day operations. For the Production Coordinator, those responsibilities may include (but are not limited to) the following:
General Office Support
- tracking business expenses
- handling incoming and outgong shipments and deliveries
- updating website collateral
- assisting CFO with bills, tax documents and invoices
- Assisting with marketing outreach and materials
Over the years, we’ve had a number of wonderful production coordinators. Some came to the role with several years prior experience; others had none. We’ve found that successful candidates consistently possess the following attributes:
- highly organized and detail-oriented
- calm and poised under pressure
- consistently kind and compassionate
- good sense of humor
- strong aptitude for numbers and solid Excel skills
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
Priority will go to candidates with at least 2 years professional experience working in documentary or commercial production, live/experiential event production, and/or project management. That said, this could be an introductory role for someone with the right combination of skills and talent who wants to break into the production world.
Please note that while this position is primarily an office-based one, the production coordinator will be on-set during shoots and may be occasionally called upon to travel.
In addition to a fun, friendly, enjoyable working environment, Heist offers a competitive salary and a very generous benefits package that includes performance bonuses, health, dental, vision insurance, a 401k with matching contributions, an education stipend to go make your own movies or learn something new, and three weeks paid vacation that continues to grow each additional year you spend at HEIST.
If you think we’re a good fit for you and you’re a good fit for us, email email@example.com. Your email should tell us a little bit about yourself, why you’re particularly well-suited to this position and what appeals to you about it. Please also list three professional references and attach your resume in .pdf format. Finally, be sure to type “Production Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
Thanks! We’re wishing you the very best!